Sunday, December 19, 2010

Home for Christmas

My boys are coming home for Christmas! Last year my family wasn't all together for Christmas. My older son was working and couldn't make it home. It was our first Christmas in our new Florida home and although it was great to be in a new home, I wasn't in a real holiday mood. I only did minimal decorating- hung stockings on the staircase, two wreaths at the front door and a bowl full of ornaments. We didn't put up a tree, we had no glowing lights and we exchanged gifts given in the store bags, not even wrapped.

This year is different though. Both boys will be home. I put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving. I crafted a few ornaments and embellishments for the tree and dining room table, and I even did a little baking. I feel like it's Christmas. I still have much to do-shopping, wrapping, and more cards need to be mailed out. But the most important arrangements have me made. My son, Dylan, is already at the house, relieved to be on break after a week of college exams. My older son, Austin, and my husband will be coming Monday and I will be arriving Tuesday( my sons live in Ohio and my husband and I live and work in Illinois. We consider our Florida home our "real" home although we are only there about 3 months out of the year).

So, here's a little look at my Christmas house. Or, since it's more to me than just a house, I'll say my Christmas Home...

Hoping your season is bright!

Barb






1 comment:

  1. I love the colors in your dining room! Very pretty! :)
    Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment.
    Hope you have a very Merry Christmas. So glad you get to spend it with your boys!!
    Beth.

    ReplyDelete

How about some comment love! i read them all, Barb