Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mantel Swooning

Well, we made it to St. LouiE (no, that's not a typo, I meant to do that!)

As the day progressed, it got HOTTER! Wow!
It's gotta be about 100 degrees down here. And it's really only 7 hours away.
Amazing what people have to live with. I love the NORTH... yes, even the snow!

But, what I really, really love is my sister and brother-in-law's home. My bro-in-law does all the decorating. He is really into it and I love shopping with him. In fact, I'd love to just shop throughout their home and pick up a few goodies to take back with me. hehe! 

But, of course, I won't! (Just basically cause they'd find it when they came to my house!) :/

Just kidding of course, or am I?

All of these vintage finds have been collected throughout the years by my brother-in-law at estate sales or auctions. He has a rule, ya only bring $20 and that's all he allows himself to spend.
I think through the years he's found some great things at a decent price!

Their fireplace is a see-through fireplace, from there great room into the kitchen area. C'mon check it out with me. I took loads of pics... 'cause there's loads to see!


Lots of GREAT VINTAGE eye candy!!

Keep checking back, there's loads more to come this weekend! This house is full of character!

Enjoy your evening!

I'm linking up to the FANTASTIC FRIDAY GALS! and Miss Rhoda at Southern Hospitality.













Stuff and Nonsense

12 comments:

  1. What great vintage pieces they have to decorate with. Enjoy your time with family:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome mantels. I especially love the one with the tin stove and chickens on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome vintage on the mantel! love, love the little stove!
    i put your button on my sidebar by the way...for design referral :)
    thank you again for your generous help with my party button!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well done - the details are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so much vintagy goodness to look at...what a fun place to visit...thanks for linking it up to fridays unfolded!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look, especially the kitchen side. I have always loved the double fireplace. Hope you have more pics of their home to share!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute this is! I love seeing all of the cute olden things!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Vicki! I'm admiring all your creative posts here. Can you please share them at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I am in love with all those goodies on that mantel. I think my favorite is the little stove. That is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know that you have so many blog parties to choose from so thank you for choosing Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. This amazing post added to the party blast! Enjoy the rest of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vicki, They have a wonderful collection of vintage things and I just love the toy stove. Thank you so much for sharing this at my Open House party.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I pinned this on Pinterest and featured here. Please feel free to grab the Feature button. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at CBPH :)

    ReplyDelete

How about some comment love! i read them all, Barb