Friday, September 23, 2011

The Wedding Flowers

Well, the wedding has come and gone. A full year of planning and prepping and now it's all over. Whew. We're exhausted and at the same time, elated. Everything came together beautifully. Jessica and Randy have wonderful families and a great bunch of very talented friends who all worked together to give them a beautiful day. The bride and groom were happy and that makes all of us happy. So, mission accomplished!

I'm really too tired to write much but I want to share some pics of what we did for this DIY wedding. We will write several posts about the wedding and will share lots of photos but today I'm just going to talk briefly about the help we had from everyone and show you the flowers. Vicki and I had a vision of what we wanted the wedding site to look like but it took a team of willing friends to execute our vision. I, for one, could not have been any more pleased with the way everything looked when all was done.

Vicki and I took advantage of all Jessica and Randy's friends and appreciated their willingness to help with so many last minute preparations. We really put them to work!

I would say the biggest on sight task was getting all the floral arrangements together. The floral designer, Jessica's friend, Sarah, flew in from Texas. Sarah is currently getting her master's in art. She is incredibly talented and worked her magic on buckets and buckets of cut flowers.









Sarah was able to save money by doing a real cool DIY "trick of the trade." We will be sharing this in another post. So, check back for that special post. You will be amazed!

Her finished arrangements were breathtaking!




All vessels we brought we used for either flowers or floating candles.

Table Numbers by Vicki

A little peak of the table center piece, with some floral dropped around the table for drama!

The flowers were a huge part of the decorations.

All the center pieces and bouquets were similar but different, and equally beautiful.

Sarah, Jessica, and Amy, the Matron of Honor, worked together on the arbor.

Jess shows us what she wants.

Amy's turn!

Sarah giving Jess some lovin'

I was a little, no, A LOT, intimidated about decorating the arbor, so I was really glad they were willing to tackle that! I'm sure all their theater training in set decoration came in handy for this project. It turned out so pretty. Job well done, ladies!

We'll post again soon and show you how we set up for the ceremony and the transformation of the tent (before here) for the beautiful reception. I must say, it's pretty amazing!

We had BOXES of decorations!

See you soon! Don't forget to check back and see more of this DIY Wedding.
Barb

PS: If you aren't receiving our posts via e-mail or thru your favorite reader, please use the links to the right to link us to you. We love our followers and look forward to connecting with them.

We are linking up to these parties... so grab a cuppa or a glass of wine and join us!


The Shabby Nest



Transformation Thursday



vif187

Photobucket





Stuff and Nonsense


















8 comments:

  1. It looks like it was a lovely wedding! I wish more couples would have DIY weddings and just save their money for living!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fabulous. You must be so happy. the dramatic colors of the flowers are amazing. Looking forward to seeing more. Great to have you sharing all with Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this is lovely!! I pinned one of the photos (the vase with pinecones in it). Can't wait to see more from this wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! How wonderful to DIY and save lots and lots and lots of money. I was shocked when my god-daughter told me how much money they were spending for the flowers for her reception. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks awesome! Very elegant and stunning :)

    Vicki, thank you for being a new Follower of mine. You requested a Tut for one of my projects so I'll do that and "dedicate" it to you this week.

    Big smiles,
    The Sheet Music Frame lady (if you need refreshed what my project was)
    ~Suzanne in NW IL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow thats a whole lot of buckets of flowers, and beauties at that. I love the table the centerpieces and the table numbers were wonderful. It is a big job to D.I.Y But a very rewarding one, great job can't wait to see more.
    Hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  7. The floral arrangement are all so beautiful! It look like a beautiful wedding!

    Thank you for linking to Potpourri Friday. I appreciated your participation. Sorry I'm so tardy in commenting, but I've been away for the past four days. Hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful the flowers all are. I spent to most money on the flowers at my wedding. They were just the biggest atmosphere booster, so pretty! You all did a great job.
    Thank you for linking it up with Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

How about some comment love! i read them all, Barb